Saturday, March 10

21 before I'm 21

So yes, I already am 21. But I feel like there is a hell lot more that I need to do, to say, to experience, to feel before I can finally claim that I am 21.

I always say that I am prematurely growing old and up -- faster than the supposed, one step before everyone else -- and it is not at all a good thing. I still don't know what I want and often times I find myself asking, "WTF am I doing here?" More often than not, I regret that I didn't leave as soon as I could, or that I didn't say what I should have. Whut, where did that come from?

Anyway, as if I don't have enough pressures on myself already, here are some stuff that I believe I should do, say, experience, and/or feel first before I can finally say that I am 21.

  1. Drive.
  2. Fly alone.
  3. Read a classic.
  4. Attend a concert of a local artist.
  5. Fall so passionately in love with something.
  6. Volunteer, for real.
  7. Read the Philippine Constitution.
  8. Wear a bikini to the beach.
  9. Watch a movie in black and white.
  10. Be inspired by a talk.
  11. Engage in a sport.
  12. Change hair color.
  13. Cut hair short or have it permed.
  14. Wear heels during the day.
  15. Buy a gadget.
  16. Find a "creative" hobby.
  17. Craft.
  18. Cook.
  19. Reread and put to heart the Magna Carta of Women.
  20. Get a tat.
  21. Get so furiously mad.
Expect that this list will change. Or not. And be forgotten. Like last night's thoughts and wants.

1 comment: