Wednesday, April 18

We gain some then lose some. We lose some then gain some.

How I wish it's my weight that we'll be talking about in here.

If you are my Facebook friend and/or Twitter follower, you would know that just last week, the jeep I was riding on my way to UP got held up. For the first time ever, someone pointed a knife at me and it wasn't funny at all.

I was carrying with me all the most valuable material things that I have in my life right now so when they asked for my phone, I obediently gave it to them. Ha, your loss b*st*rds. I just got that for free from Globe and the trackpad is crazy and my mom had it blocked already.

So yes, for quite a few days, I was feeling (and acting) crazy and I had no phone with me. My number's active again now, though. I lost something, kind of violently, but gained a lot instead.

I gained freedom from the need to respond to people immediately. You could say I was kind of off the radar, whenever I didn't have internet access, and it was awesome. I gained perspective. Life is like a box of chocolates; you'll never know what you're gonna get. Life is short; live it. Life is random and so am I. But most importantly, I gained recognition of those people who truly, really care. When your down and troubled and you need a helping hand, the people who would seek you, without the need for you to seek them, are the people who will love you through heaven and hell. Or not.

Oh what a cliche my words are.

So now, what's my point.

My point is that we live in a disheartening world. Those guys who took my phone, along with the others', are just kids (maybe not kid-kid, like 15-17 years old kids but still, kids). Kids who are forced to resolve to crime and violence just so they would be able to live. Kids whose childhoods and innocence are gone forever. Kids, just kids.

But there is hope, for them and for this world. How can I say that? I don't know. Maybe because I'm still alive and kicking butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment