Sunday, February 26

The day I decided to go vegetarian

..was the day before I drank until 5 in the morning when I knew for a fact that I have a 9AM meeting the next day.  Wala lang. I just felt like I had to say it. Coffee's making me loco.

Anyway, main agenda: me going vegan.

FACT: It's the Lenten Season. What better sacrifice than abstain from meat, right? By meat, I mean animal meat -- fish, pig, chicken, cow, and the whole animal queendom. 
REALITY: I cannot give up chocolates, pastries, and coffee.
COMPROMISE: No meat but yes to dairy products. Eggs in pastries are okay, for now.

FACT: Animals have feelings, too. Did you know that hens teach their chicks already even when they're just eggs? The sad truth though is that most chicks don't get to meet their mommies anymore because humans eat a lot of them. How cannibalistic.
REALITY: It's the circle of life, according to us humans. *cue Lion King soundtrack*
COMPROMISE: "As we do to the least, so we do to Him." No compromise. Animals, too, have feelings.

FACT: I've been having a hard time trying to lose weight since the holidays.
REALITY: Most vegans are healthy and slim.
COMPROMISE: No compromise. No meat, yes to life.

I haven't made the 30-day pledge yet though. I'm still trying to look at all perspectives on vegetarianism -- faith, health facts, my commitment, my capabilities, my environment, etc. But I have not been eating meat since Friday and so far, it's making me happy.

All this started when I started fasting last Wednesday. And then I went to eat some pork last Thursday. It felt so weird. I then started to read about vegetarianism. My heart broke for all those harassed animals. And the rest, well, we'll find out.

I feel like this post is so sabog. Like me. Kthnxbye.


Last Friday night. I attended my first college org, KMS' 18th anniversary with my college batchmates. That's Mark (alter ego: Anton) right there: my super beki partner-in-crime, forever ma-drama soulmate. People, including my relatives, ask me a lot if we're together. He'd say "yuck" for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I actually don't know what I'll do for the Lenten Season. I can't give up my meat.. :( I think I'll give up coffee nalang.. >.< Anyway, loving your photos! :) Wish I have a beki bff >.<

    ReplyDelete