Monday, February 20

If you asked me to.

Hi, Unofficially Yours please.

"Yung 4:10, Ma'am? Pili kayo ng seat. One ticket lang?"

Yes, one ticket. Why are you looking at me like I'm some kind of freak? I'm alone, so what? This is like the nth movie that I've watched alone. I'm comfortable with being alone, that is not a problem. This, being alone, is a choice. If I wanted to I'm sure I could be watching this with someone right now, maybe a friend or something else. But no, I'm having a date with myself and I'm gonna be eating all these cookies alone.

If I wanted to I could just ping that person, start a conversation, and you know what happens next. Oh wait, I already did -- small talks and awkward conversations, ugh, not in the mood. Or that other person. But I said never again to guys like him/his type. Or that other, other person. But thou shall never mix work and fun. Or that other, other, other person. Nah, no options anymore.

Alright, so maybe it's not so much a decision as a coincidence. Or whatever. But I have friends and family who love me, and will be there for me, and will watch the movie with me if I wanted to have someone by my side. These are the people that I'll be celebrating my birthday with. So yeah, being alone is still my choice.

Ugh, I'm turning 21 in 13ish days.

Of course I didn't say all this to the ticket lady. Just a conversation I had with her, in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment