Friday, December 9

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday

I told you I have follow through issues.

So last Sunday I started with the GM diet. I was successful for three days and I still believe that I could have gone through with the whole of it but during the fourth day, there were no bananas in the house and my milk already tasted weird so I gave up on the cleansing diet. Now I'm back to eating bad foods and not counting calories. Oh well.

But just so it's clear, I'm trying to lose weight for myself, seriously. My ultimate goal is to be able to wear a bikini and not feel like covering myself up after 2 seconds. All this mumbo jumbo on trying to lose weight started when my right knee acted up again last August even after I've finished the physical therapy sessions and the other whatnots. My therapist suggested that I lose weight and live healthy. It worked actually, mostly the live healthy part probably, but still losing weight was part of it.

Also, before this year started, I actually gave myself a lose 20 lbs. deadline - and I am crazy about deadlines. I seriously beat myself up whenever I don't or can't comply with given deadlines (yes, this includes imaginary deadlines). But lately, with the aid of my WD background, I've been thinking about this 20 lbs deadline and I've somehow convinced myself that losing 10 lbs is already good enough for this year. Is this final? No, I don't know. One thing's for sure though; I don't need to lose 20 lbs before the year ends, I just want to. Nobody will kill me if I don't, right?

Right now I'm just focused on maintaining my weight and not gaining anything especially that the holiday season has already started here in this country. I'm actually still tired from the brods' party last night but all is well and I'm a happy kid.

And just so this post has pictures, lookie at my cool nails! I commissioned I Do Nails for some soothing spa session and here are my happy finger nails afterwards. I'm sure I'll be having them back again next time.
First time to get my nails stamped. Cool way to do nail art, eh?
Yes I have really small hands and a weird ring finger, get over it.
Finished!
But since I am my clumsy me, I chipped the one on my left index finger just right after the technician left. Sad.
Lalalala. Now I must go back to reality aka work. All this cuddle weather and Friday shiznits are making me lazy like a panda. Yes, the title is Rebecca Black's Friday. Don't judge me, it's stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment